The Intake Coordinator is a qualified person responsible for the coordination of initial home care referrals in accordance with state and federal guidelines. Intake Coordinator serves as a liaison between referral sources, patients/caregivers, sales department and agency staff. The Intake Coordinator ensures that the patient has a smooth transition into the home health continuum of care. The Intake Coordinator reports to the Director of Nursing with an indirect report to the Director of Sales..
Education: High school graduate; College or technical school degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years home health experience required with strong knowledge of Medicare preferred..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of customers both internal and external.
- Ability to be an “influencer”
- Exceptional customer service skills even under stressful circumstances; projects a concerned and professional attitude at all times
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills- detailed oriented and able to create buy-in.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment; high energy
- Able to effectively deal with change.
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence in conversion of all accepted referrals
- Ability to take on-call responsibilities
- Ability to handle a variable workload based on referral patterns
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Able to provide information on basic home health care and refer callers to appropriate staff for more in-depth information
- Receives, tracks and coordinates all referrals from internal and external customers
- Records all intake information and inputs into computer system and gets approval from DON/CS to proceed with referral/intake process
- Assigns referrals to correct liaison with correct facility and physician sources in computer system
- Verifies: Medicare eligibility; physician licensure/OIG clearance/NPI/PECOS; status of PCP
- Tracks all referrals and conversions(admissions/non-admits) and reports to Director of Sales daily
- Coordinates initial staffing of referrals and ensures receipt of referral for care by all disciplines ordered
- Attends in-services and continuing education as applicable.
- Attains goals as set forth in annual performance evaluation.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on patient, agency, and employee matters.
- Understands the approval process for new field staff prior to patient contact.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement process as requested esp patient follow-
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.