The Intake Coordinator is a qualified person responsible for the coordination of initial home care referrals in accordance with state and federal guidelines. Intake Coordinator serves as a liaison between referral sources, patients/caregivers, sales department and agency staff. The Intake Coordinator ensures that the patient has a smooth transition into the home health continuum of care. The Intake Coordinator reports to the Director of Nursing with an indirect report to the Director of Sales..
Education: High school graduate; College or technical school degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years home health experience required with strong knowledge of Medicare preferred..
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of customers both internal and external.
- Ability to be an “influencer”
- Exceptional customer service skills even under stressful circumstances; projects a concerned and professional attitude at all times
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills- detailed oriented and able to create buy-in.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment; high energy
- Able to effectively deal with change.
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence in conversion of all accepted referrals
- Ability to take on-call responsibilities
- Ability to handle a variable workload based on referral patterns
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Able to provide information on basic home health care and refer callers to appropriate staff for more in-depth information
- Receives, tracks and coordinates all referrals from internal and external customers
- Records all intake information and inputs into computer system and gets approval from DON/CS to proceed with referral/intake process
- Assigns referrals to correct liaison with correct facility and physician sources in computer system
- Verifies: Medicare eligibility; physician licensure/OIG clearance/NPI/PECOS; status of PCP
- Tracks all referrals and conversions(admissions/non-admits) and reports to Director of Sales daily
- Coordinates initial staffing of referrals and ensures receipt of referral for care by all disciplines ordered
- Attends in-services and continuing education as applicable.
- Attains goals as set forth in annual performance evaluation.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality on patient, agency, and employee matters.
- Understands the approval process for new field staff prior to patient contact.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement process as requested esp patient follow-
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
The Scheduler is an individual who performs clerical and scheduling duties in the agency, including coordination of patient schedules.
LINE OF AUTHORITY:
Reports directly to the Clinical Supervisor and indirectly to the Office Manager
- Graduate of an accredited high school, or equivalent.
- Ability to successfully interact with people in a professional manner in face to face situations as well as by telephone.
- Ability to organize work procedures and assumes responsibility.
- Problem solving abilities and positive interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must possess excellent clerical skills, i.e., writing, filing, typing, etc.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Excellent computer skills
- Medicare experience in scheduling, physician orders and schedule reconciliation to payroll preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stressful situations
- Must have exceptional communication skills to be able to communicate with referral sources, clients and patient care staff.
- Must possess physical and mental abilities to adequately perform described duties.
- Coordinates visit schedule for all field staff by staffing case for 60 day periods (or as ordered) with all applicable disciplines
- Ensures that all schedules are being followed and all documentation is submitted (missed visits, PRN visits, etc)
- Schedules only as directed by physician orders
- Attends weekly case conference at Director of Nurses request
- Reconciles schedules with clinical itinerary records and performs computer system verification.
- Assists with payroll reconciliation/preparation as directed by Accountant.
- Maintains neat, clean work environment.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and agency matters.
- Attains annual goals as established by the Clinical Supervisor.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Submits documentation within required timeframes
- Utilizes TSHC workflows
- Checks required computer reports on a daily basis and reports scheduling issues to the Clinical Supervisor